Thursday, April 28, 2011

Life's Labors

>
> Life's Labors
> During this time of my sabbatical I am thinking constantly about work and it's meaning. I believe that all of us have work for which we are uniquely suited and called-our "life work"-and how focused and well we perform our life work defines who we are and what we mean.
>
> Here in bluefileds, everyone works so hard! They attack thier work -from taking care of the field to cooking to education to driving the bus-with a fury. As they build this community they are building their lives: THIS is their life work. Despite weariness from their jobs, the energy and drive they demonstrate is inspiring as they do what they love.
>
> I am asking myself what my life work is. Some people are blessed to find alignment between thier life work ad their job and these are the enviable ones whose drive and energy are sustained by this congruity. Yet while the quest for should be constant, the answer will change for one's life work must change with one's life.

And each time we receive an answer, it's time to go to work.

Updates:
  • Yesterday I visited a local  marketñ colorful, LOUD, pungent
  • I also wound my way, with a guide, through a maze of sidewalks and homes=homes, behind homes behind homes behind homes. there are no addresses in this peculiar space beyond descriptions of the environs. I have amazing photos.
  • Managua today, the capital city. Yesterday I visited neighborhood after neighborhood connected through twisted sidewalks-middle class residences besides shacks. It was overwhelming. 


> Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment